SING WITH US
September through May
There's nothing like sharing the joy of singing.
Now in our 85th season, the Chorale tries to uphold the tradition of choral excellence established so many years ago right here in Framingham. We rehearse weekly, September through May. Under the baton of Music Director Steven Lipsitt, each season we present a wide range of choral music in multiple concerts — often with a professional orchestra and soloists.
Qualification for Membership
We are only accepting members that have been fully vaccinated and can show proof of their status along with a photo ID. Masking is required as well. These precautions are meant solely to protect the health of all chorale members and our audiences.
(from the Heritage Chorale Bylaws)
“Membership is open to all individuals, regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, handicap, gender or sexual preference who: (i) pass an entrance audition by the music director/conductor; and (ii) pay membership and other fees as determined by the Board of Directors.”
"If music be the food of love, play on"
from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
The Heritage Chorale might be just right for you!
Not only do Chorale members love to sing, they love to sing with each other. Whether in rehearsals or performances, we feel very fortunate to be making wonderful music together.
Open Rehearsals and Auditions
Open Rehearsals let you see for yourself the energy, talent, and dedication of Heritage Chorale singers, our inspired music director, and expert accompanist. We admit members through auditions, generally held as we begin rehearsals for a concert. Appointments for auditions can be made at an Open Rehearsal, or by contacting us for more information.
Auditions, conducted by our Music Director in the presence of the Chorale's Section Leaders, President, and Membership Lead, include:
- Singing a set of warm-up exercises to provide a sense of your vocal range
- Singing a solo of your choosing — such as a hymn, aria, show tune, even “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” — which can be accompanied by piano
- Sight-reading or learning one of the pieces of music already practiced in rehearsal
1. Mark your calendar:
- Open Rehearsal and Auditions – Tuesday, November 30, 7:30 - 9:45 pm at Temple Shalom of Newton
- Auditions – will be conducted during the break or during the second half of the rehearsal.
2. Complete and bring with you to an Open Rehearsal this information form.
If needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.